Monday, December 5, 2011

Sit, talk, and stay


Puzzled and perplexed,

On someone's shoulder I tapped.

"Excuse me sir, but I am lost.

Between my home and I there is a gap."

He shrugged and brushed me away.

"Young girl, here you cannot stay. Do us the favor and please be on your way."

I scrunched up my eyebrows and shook my head.

I ask for help and directions but ignorance I get instead.

The life of a teen is crazy and confusing,

And people ignore us when it comes to their choosing.

It seems we have little to say,

Since we always answer with a simple "okay".

But really, our thoughts are intriguing

And to whoever receives them,

They are quite revealing.

So please do us the favor of listening, rather than turning us away,

And ask us not to go, but sit, talk, and stay.

-Evangeline


7 comments:

  1. I liked this! :-) A nice peek inside the head of a teen. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a lesson from frustration, positive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's really good. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good insight into the head of some teens. Thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone. Your kind words keep me going!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.