Wednesday, December 21, 2011

An hour with Ray Bradbury


Ray Bradbury gives tips on great writing which include:

Read and write short stories
Read poems
Read Essays about anything
and go to the movies.

Science fiction author Ray Bradbury regales his audience with stories about his life and love of writing in "Telling the Truth," the keynote address of The Sixth Annual Writer's Symposium by the Sea, sponsored by Point Loma Nazarene University. Series: Writer's Symposium By The Sea [4/2001]


If you have an hour to spare, this was very inspirational and his honesty was very enlightening.

9 comments:

  1. I do all of the above! Disclaimer: Though I write short stories, none have been published as yet. Maybe I just suck at writing them. But I still try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree that we need to read as well as write.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! homework i like!
    thanks for the excellent advice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link! I'll definitely listen to it when time permits.
    Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like what he says about the importance of writing short stories.

    Do you live in San Diego?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comments!
    Rubye, I never thought of writing short stories as a way of finding your voice and originality. So true. I live in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my favorite writing quotes is by Ray Bradbury about how from quantity will come quality.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Short stories is where I started. I look at them as crash courses for writing a novel.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.