Wednesday, December 7, 2011

December…inspiration

The first Wednesday of every month is the Insecure Writer's Support Group Post. Check it out here.

There’s something about the New Year that brings about newness. Maybe it’s the feeling of hitting the reset button. It’s the time where we get to leave the past behind us and enter the new. It’s time to evaluate and reevaluate goals. Bring it on…

This is an amazing year.


I got a short story accepted for publication.

I got an office with a door.

I finished reading 59 books this year, surpassing my goal of 52.

I have five completed manuscripts to date. Two will never see the light of day. One got me my first request for a full and the other two are simmering, calling out for revisions.

I’ve learned to write an EPUB file using HTML codes. Yeah, no fancy shmanzy but it looks awesome on my nook.

I went over 200 followers on my blog and had my first contest.

I’ve found so many wonderful blogs.

I’ve been blessed with awesome beta readers.

I’ve learned that I’m an introvert and it’s OKAY! I’m totally fine with that, really.

I found a teen Beta who is awesome.

And I know I’m forgetting something. But in retrospect, I’m good. I’m really good. What are some of your accomplishments this year? Bring it on.

13 comments:

  1. I started a blog and made some friends :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are some awesome accomplishements! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an awesome year for you. I got an agent this year, which was pretty exciting. Congrats on the publication!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats - those are all great things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous list of accomplishments! Here's to many more in 2012!!

    Yes, being an introvert IS ok :D It was very empowering for me to find that out.

    I hope to get some short stories out there, hopefully published and finally (finally) finish the final edit on my fantasy trilogy.

    Cheers!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you've had an awesome year. Good for you! I wish you many more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like an excellent year.

    I got published in two more places, launched two books to rapturous apathy and wrote my 400th blog entry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are awesome things and an awesome year! Wishing you even MORE success to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I'd say you've had an amazing year. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone. And Congrats on your accomplishments too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you go! i got to meet you =)

    writing accomplishments - awesome beta reader, many writing friends giving encouragement & advice, awesomtabulous beta reader! will be ready to send another round of queries by Jan!

    thanks for making me sum up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Tara! Ditto here. And congrats to you for your accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.