Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Teen Talk...welcome to my world.

After my son convinces me to write a zombie story featuring him and his friend, he calls said friend excited by the opportunity of becoming immortal in print. This is how that (one-sided) conversation goes…

He dials. Mark picks up.

“Dude,” Jaycee says into the phone, his voice rising with excitement. “My mom is writing a zombie story with us as the main characters.” He remains silent as he walks back and forth, listening to whatever his friend is telling him. “And dude, you know what the best part is?” A smile spreads across his face as he listens again. “She can hook you up with whatever girl you want.” Another pause as he listens. More smiling. “Yeah dude, anyone in the world.”

And that is what I love about the imagination. The sky is the limit.

14 comments:

  1. Awesome! Never even thought about the way you can brighten your child's life with your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh that is perfect. I can just see the big grins. Boys! It doesn't take much to make their day does it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. and that is what cracks me up about teenage boys, they are so predictable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. Yeah, you really had to see his face though. He totally thought it was so cool. He had me rolling. You gotta love 'em. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Duh, that's totally why I write--so I can hook my mc up with any man in the world! Fantasy rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boys, what do they think about? Sex. I love how simple they are. It really is endearing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dude! So sweet that he has so much faith in you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol, this is classic. And hey, who hasn't thought of using fiction to play out some fantasies? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are a great source for inspiration. =) When not driving me nuts. Thanks for you comments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bahaha! This is so priceless and so very, very true.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.