Last week I attended a leadership summit. I'll be posting bits of information I've learned along the way.
Imagine a world full of leaders. Okay, imagine a world full of good, knowledgeable, model leaders.
Better? I hope so.
We are all leaders in our own way. Whether it involves the micro (family) or macro (community at-large), we can exemplify great leadership skills.
- Great leaders don't repeat the same mistakes others have. They learn from the past and aren't afraid of change.
- Great leaders work to better the whole, not themselves.
- Great leaders are generous.
- Great leaders are great models. Do what you say.
- Great leaders advocate for public values (justice, equity).
- Great leaders work for a common good.
- Great leaders surround themselves with diversity.
- Great leaders know the value of "thank you" and offer it openly.
What are traits you look for in great leaders?