Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday Round-up...sort of

Happy Friday!

I want to thank Julie Fedderson over at Gypsy in my soul for giving me the Versatile Blogger Award!


 "The Versatile Blogger comes with a few rules.  One is to thank the giver with virtual chocolate and praise.  The next is to pass it on from anywhere from 5 to 15 other bloggers depending on what meme lore you follow.  Last, but not least, is to share seven things about yourself with others."

Seven things...Well, since Halloween is close I'm going to start there.
1. When I was sixteen I totally embarrassed my mom by dressing as Medusa with snakes and all and interrupting a prayer session she had at home during Halloween. Everyone blessed me with murmured prayers, and my mom, I love her, didn't even flinch. I felt bad afterwards but she didn't. 
2. I lived in a haunted house when I was about nine. I believe in ghosts. 
3. I am afraid of heights and wanted to be a pilot when I was younger. Go figure.
4. I then changed my mind and wanted to be a nurse until I met a nursing student who smelled of embalming fluid. Nope. Not my thing. I took psychology instead.
5. Carving pumpkins is not my thing. I'd rather paint the face on it. 
6. I hate haunted houses. My imagination goes into overdrive and I can't stop it.
7. My favorite Halloween character...Jack Skellington.


Now passing it on



13 comments:

  1. Your mom sounds amazing. That's hilarious about your Medusa costume. So nice to get to know more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Isis, your mum rocks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that's why I felt so bad. I thought she was going to give me more than a prayer. =) I was bad...just a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I have a kind of fear of heights but flying doesn't bother me. Something about not having a ledge to fall off of, I think.

    Congrats on your award!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I carved a pumpkin with my two-year-old last year. I did most of it, but I told my husband my son did it. It was that bad.
    Good to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to live in a haunted house! I'm so jealous that you guys have Halloween and celebrate it properly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the award and thank you for passing it on. I'd love to go into a real haunted house. I thought about nursing, too, but yeah, the smells were the least of my problems! Have a good weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats chickie! The award is well-deserved. It's always awesome to learn new stuff about my blogger buds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved reading the unique facts about you. In a couple of weeks, I'm going to stay one night in a haunted hotel with some writer friends. *eekkkk*. Your post made me think about how I'm uneasy about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the award! I'm a big Jack S. fan, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone!

    Brinda, Good luck with the haunted house. I'd love to know how that turns out. =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your award...and thanks for passing it on. I'm a big believer in ghosts. There were lots of strange things happening in the house I grew up in, but I was so used to it that it wasn't until I moved out that it opened my eyes to it. Shocker...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.