Just some FYI
WriteOn Con Live Chat Information
(all times Eastern)
Tuesday, August 16, 2011:
12:00 PM: On Platform, a live chat with literary agent Sara Megibow
3:00 PM: Live Q&A chat with literary agent Suzie Townsend
9:00 PM: Panel of Professionals (Michelle Andelman, Emily Meehan, Annette
Pollert, Jim McCarthy)
Wednesday, August 17, 2011:
1:00 PM: Live event with author Sarah Rees Brennan
3:00 PM: Live Q&A with literary agent Jenny Bent
5:00 PM: Live YA Q&A chat with Holly Root and Barbara Poelle
9:00 PM: Panel of Professionals (Kate Testerman, Martha Mihalick, Joanna
Volpe, Jen Rofe, Diana Fox)
Thursday, August 18, 2011
12:00 PM: Live chat with literary agents Marietta Zacker, Joan Paquette, and
3:00 PM: Traditional vs. Self-Publishing Live Chat with literary agent Sara
9:00 PM: Panel of Professionals (Natalie Fischer, Anica Rissi, Kathleen
10:30 PM: AB Lit Chat (Jen Rofe, Kelly Sonnack, Jennifer Laughran, Caryn
How to Get the Most Out of the Live Chats:
1. About 30 minutes before a scheduled live event, a window will be posted
in a blog post on the main WriteOnCon site.
2. You can log in, but it’s not required to participate or ask a question.
3. Each of the live chats has an assigned topic, and one of the WriteOnCon
girls will be moderating.
4. Questions can be submitted any time once the live chat window opens.
5. Questions need to be asked ONLY ONCE. You won’t see your comment come
through, but on our end, the comments are visible and we have people
behind-the-scenes putting them on hold.
6. The moderator of the chat will put through as many questions as possible
for the WriteOnCon faculty member(s) to answer. We really try to put forth
the questions as fast as possible, from as many of you as possible.
7. Pitching/Querying is not appropriate for live chats.
8. If you cannot attend one of the live events, a transcript will be
available afterward, in the same blog post as the live window.
Live Forum Event, Submission Guides
Yesterday, we sent an email with all the information you needed for the live
forum events. Click here if you missed it.
Each forum event has a special thread for submissions that will open 24
HOURS IN ADVANCE of the live event, as follows.
1. To submit a question for author Emma Walton Hamilton, or your Picture
Book query for her review, GO HERE. Thread opens at 11 AM TODAY, Monday,
2. To submit a question for literary agent Jessica Sinsheimer, GO HERE.
Thread opens at 8 PM TODAY, Monday, August 15.
3. To submit a "Twitter pitch" (pitch in 140 charcters or less) + the 100
words of your MS for critique by literary agents Carlie Webber and Christina
Hogrebe, GO HERE. Thread opens on Tuesday, August 16 at 11:00 AM.
4. To submit a 250-word pitch for critique by literary agent Alyssa
Eisner-Henkin, GO HERE. Thread opens Wednesday, August 17 at 10:00 AM.
5. To submit a YA Query Letter for critique by literary agent Roseanne
Wells, GO HERE. Thread opens Wednesday, August 17 at 5:00 PM.
Like WriteOnCon on Facebook!
Join us on Facebook: Stay connected with all things WOC here.
Hey, on Twitter, that's totally cool with us: Stay updated with all the
WOC happenings on Twitter.
Copyright © 2011 WriteOnCon, All rights reserved.