Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A conference!

Chicago-North Romance Writers of America is having their 2012 Spring Fling Conference! Check out all the deets here.

I missed it last year. Okay, I chickened out last year,  but OMG I have to gear up for this one.  All the reasons I should go are listed below.

Any takers?  Are you going? Any advice to help me take the plunge?


Keynote Speeches
Sherrilyn Kenyon
New York Times bestselling author of Paranormal fiction
Mary Balogh
New York Times bestselling author of Regency romance
Simone Elkeles
New York Times bestselling author of Young Adult fiction
Craft and Research
Going Beyond Romance to Writing Love StoriesMary Balogh
Man TalkBarbara Binns
Packing in the WOWGretchen Craig
Sense(s) & SensibilityBarbara Caridad Ferrer
How to Write It When You Can’t Be ThereBlythe Gifford
Improv for AuthorsRuth Kaufman
Contest Diva to Published Author:  Using Feedback
to Improve Your Writing
Megan Kelly
From Clichés to Keepers:  Knowing Your Characters through Myers-BriggsCarrie Lofty
Can This Manuscript Be Saved?Susan Meier
10 Commandments of Grammar for Fiction WritersAnnie Oortman & Darlene Buchholz
(“The Grammar Divas”)
Ghost Hunting Through The AgesTerese daly Ramin
What's Love Got to Do With It?  Erotica for BeginnersTiffany Reisz
Make Them Believe ItPatricia Rosemoor & Sherrill Bodine
Transmedia StorytellingJulie Wachowski
Evil 101:  Where True Crime Meets Terrific FictionSheri Lewis Wohl
Business and Writer's Life
The Road to Becoming a New York Times BestsellerSimone Elkeles
Headliner Q & AHeadliner Panel
Agent and Editor Q & AAgent and Editor Panel
Fearless and Fun Platform PromotionAmy Alessio, Susan Gibberman &
Denise Swanson
Seven Sentences to a Practically Perfect SynopsisLaurie Brown
The Author/Agent Relationship according to Mad MenGinger Clark
Rejection - A Love StoryDyanne Davis & Wendy Byrne
Dissecting the NovelScott Eagan
Meet the Press on Common Ground:  Media Tips,
Tricks and Traps
Keena Kincaid
How To Get (And Stay) Published And Live to
Tell the Tale
Maureen Lang & Allie Pleiter
Blog Book Tour GuideMorgan Mandel
Break in to Publishing!Sara Megibow and Tiffany Reisz
Self-Publish without Sacrificing Traditional QualityCourtney Milan
Making a Career Out of CategoryAllie Pleiter & Sarah M. Anderson
Charms for the Writing LifeMargaret Watson & Lindsay Longford
Publishing Spotlights
AvonTessa Woodward
Ballantine Bantam DellShauna Summers
KensingtonMartin Biro
SamhainTera Kleinfelter
Sourcebooks


Danielle Jackson


15 comments:

  1. What amazing keynote speakers. Take notes and share with us when you get back....please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could go but that's a little too far away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember emailing with you about this last year!!! You have to go. Speakers and topics look great! And think of the networking possibilities and putting all those new-found skills to work for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! That looks awesome. Never been, but I'd say - be yourself and have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks amazing! I wish I could go. Have a great time and I can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to go to a writers' conference! There are ... none in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the encouragement! Now I just gotta do it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great line-up! I should check the Seattle area and see if anything like it is coming here. I always find out after it's too late to join. I think you'll have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you'll have a lot of fun! I'm headed to my first conference next week. I'm stoked :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man, this looks amazing. GAH - jealousy? I have it! You're going to have a freaking blast. Please post updates about how it went.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow...the pressure is on. Now I have to go. =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Come on! We're very nice folk and we love to meet new friends. Hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.