Monday, July 18, 2011

Inspiration Blogfest

Oops...I almost forgot the Inspiration blogfest.

I used this picture for my fantasy short story Sar'zen. Here's an excerpt...

The Adjai Temple, nestled deep within the Thynthel forest, jutted out of the canyon floor. Moss and dead leaves clung to the stone walls like ripe green flesh. The temple had three domes that rose higher than the main chamber. The foremost leaned at an odd angle, disfiguring the once mighty construct which had eluded time. Sar’zen crouched under the extended branches of a large oak tree. His long hair, the color of the clearest sky, fell just below his shoulders, shimmering in the waning glow of light. His eyes, the same cerulean color, surveyed the canyon floor. Resting his palms on his knees, a smirk crossed his lips as he thought of the rich treasure he would find there. The tree shuddered beside him, and dry leaves wafted lazily to the ground near his feet. He turned to the thick bark. ...

Thanks everyone! And Summer for hosting this blogest. Check out other entries here.

20 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous picture and a great quote too! I write fantasy and often trawl through Deviant Art for images just like this to kickstart my imagination. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Lovely image, and nice entertaining little snippet! ;)

    best
    F

    ReplyDelete
  3. This picture has such a mystical and dark sense about it. Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous image - so much going on, even without action.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool pic, and I like what you got out of it, too! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat view! I can see where that would be inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, nice! I love the mood of the picture. I think your writing captures it well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous picture! What tension and so much magic in the atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The first thing I thought when I saw the picture was - I'm going to have a blast exploring down there! I'll find fascinating treasures besides relishing the old, mystical structures. Then I read in your excerpt where Sar'zen thought of the rich treasure he would find there - Bingo! Sar'zen and I are gonna have the adventure of a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great picture, and a great excerpt as well. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of nooks to explore in that picture. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully written and an perfect visual, Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great description and very atmospheric . . . my favorite writing style.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great description and very atmospheric . . . my favorite writing style.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, very cool! I should try this to get inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Tana, Michael and Jackie. I'm glad you liked it.

    Hey Tony, I'd be scared to even guess what pic you would use to get your creative juices flowing, considering you write horror. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A shivering place and ominous..great photo and interpretation.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.