Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Free to dream

I've always been a dreamer. Always. And there have been specific moments in my youth where I believed in me. Before life got in the way. I could almost sympathize with Peter Pan in wanting to stay a boy. It is during our earliest memories, untainted by our life experiences, where we find our true selves.

Okay, I'm no Dr. Phil, but retreating back into our memories as youth and finding inspiration can open that door we locked long ago. That I locked long ago. And be free of our past and leap into a future we control.  Yes, we are the master of our universe.

The road down memory lane begins, for me, with this song. Listening to it after all these years, all these years, has sparked a new hope.  Because it reminds me of who I was as a child. Untainted by the world. I was free to dream. I am free to dream.

Where do you find your favorite memories?



3 comments:

  1. I have songs that transport me too. (And food!) ;-)

    It's good to be a dreamer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww man that's wild that a song gives you youthful hope like that!

    I always get excited like that when I see a fair or a mall all decked out for the holidays! Weird what can trigger these things eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tony!

    LOL Tanya, I think the holidays are a great time! Some great memories there.

    Thanks for your comments.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.