Monday, July 18, 2011

Colors and their meanings

Do colors have a deeper meaning?  Here's what I found.

RED is a hot color that evokes powerful emotions like passion, energy. Usually used in flags as a symbol of pride and strength.

ORANGE is a Bright warm color and represents fire, the sun, fun, warmth and tropical images.  Orange increase oxygen supply to the brain and stimulates mental activities.

YELLOW is the brightest color to the human eye. Represents  youth, fun, happiness. It is a cheerful energetic color.

GREEN is the color of nature and health.  It represents growth, nature, money, fertility and safety. Green is a relaxing color that is easy on the eye and has a healing power to it.

BLUE is a cool calming color that shows creativity and intelligence

PURPLE combines the stability of blue and the energy of red.

BLACK is often a color used to portray something evil, depressing, scary or even death in western civilization

WHITE is often associated with being pure, clean, fresh and good.

Whatcha' think...will I find serenity in a green room?  I hope so, I just painted my living room green. 

For more info...go here.

6 comments:

  1. Blue and White are my favorite!! They are awesome!!

    with warm regards
    Another Author

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe colors are incredibly useful when writing a story. Novels all have a color palette, and I love it when authors use that color palette to create the mood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colors have a lot of representation. Stopping by from the inspiration blogfest- I'll check back later for your entry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always think it's interesting when people associate different emotions with the same color. But I think we come at them from different places. Plus some people are color bling ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love blue and black. Thanks for your comments.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.