Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday Round-up

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic~Dave Barry

First, an update on my creativity challenge. For creative ideas press the large yellow button on the right.

I finished making my character collage and that was awesome!  Okay, I may have cheated by using the internet and stores to go shopping for my character rather than using magazines, but I found a wider selection on-line. And it was good to shop on her behalf taking into account her budget. 

 It was hard, at first, to select items for her, but it got me out there looking at teen wear. Having three boys, and with my clothing consisting of jeans and t-shirts with some select business attire for work, I had an adventure.  I would definitely suggest it.

Now for this weeks awesome posts. Here are a few.

Shelly Watter's is having a first page contest judged by agent. Check it out here.

Blood red Pencil has a great post on Paraproskokians...Yeah, I didn't know what it was either. =)

First page tips... More First Page tips

Nathan Bransford talks about rejection and recovery

Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. I like the idea of shopping online for clothes your character would buy. I hate shopping b/c of all the trying things on and the time it takes, but online shopping for a fictional character could be fun. Everything fits and there's no budget! :) Now, what the hell do 17-year-old girls wear?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the article on first page tips. Because of it I made changes to the Ch.1 copy I sent you, so you can throw it away. I think I'll take a break and get my manuscript in order, then I'll send more. Thanks again! Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brenda, that's the beauty of it. You get to see teens wearing the stuff you're going to buy. It was fun.

    Hi Emily, Glad it helped. Look forward to reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love first page tips! Thanks for the links :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Shopping on line for characters! Love it! That takes research to a whole new level. Damn do you love your babies, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome Jess,

    LOL, Tanya you are awesome. LOL. I have no choice. I gotta love 'em or go mad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shopping Online is rather easy!! Ain't it???

    Let me check out this creativity contest first!!

    thanks a lot for the links!!

    with warm regards
    Anther Author

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, another addiction. Just what I need. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.