Wednesday, March 2, 2011

It's good to be bad

Talk about creating a character arc moment, this movie does it beautifully. Let's see if I can sum it up.

Two aliens crash into Earth. One looks alien the other human. By chance, one ends up raised by inmates in a prison, the other by a rich loving family. I think you can guess who's who here.

Finally, not so lucky alien decides to be better at what he's good at: getting into trouble. And a villain is born.

Some twists and turns along the way changes the paths of the characters. Overall, I liked the way Dreamworks pulled this off.

What I learned: Give your villain a little break. He has a story too!

2 comments:

  1. I think a villain needs a story. Otherwise they're just bad and that's not interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree bel, thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.