Monday, February 28, 2011

Refresh and Reinvent Yourself


Every once in a while, it's okay to hit that refresh button and reinvent yourself. I 'm always on the lookout of helpful strategies and mindsets that can help me do that. Stepping out of the box, if you will. Today's helpful suggestions comes from Basic Black by Cathie Black.

We are the greatest obstacles to our own success. The idea of sabotaging my goals have sprung to mind on numerous occasions. It is easier to remain in my comfort zone. To know only what the four corners of my world hold for me and never branch out to find the answers to "what if?"
Life is never easy, but it doesn't have to be harder than what we make it.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent--Eleanor Roosevelt. How true is that? Here are some tidbits of information that can help you, and me...especially me, to view life with curiosity, intelligence and beyond the four corners of my world.


  • Don't fear Criticism
  • No grudges please. Live, learn and Let go
  • Live without fear
  • Know thy strengths and weaknesses
  • Be who you are in whatever you do
  • Know that you can have it all, just not all at once. Know where you are in your life now, and what you need now
  • Face your choices honestly and directly. No B/S
And it's okay to hit that refresh button whenever you need to.  And a final word by Ms. Black, "Opportunities will come--they always do. Trust yourself enough to jump at them. Never be afraid to go for it. And remember you deserve to have the best in life, and the best career that you can have."


3 comments:

  1. I love your list and I'm keeping it! Thanks for sharing it for empowerment Monday :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel refreshed just reading this great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Sometimes we need reminders. ☺

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.