Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Eighth Grade Bites: A Book Review

Eighth Grade Bites

Blurb from Amazon:

Vlad has to keep his vampire urges under control while dealing with the pressures of middle school.



Thirteen-year-old Vladimir Tod really hates junior high. Bullies harass him, the principal is dogging him, and the girl he likes prefers his best friend. Oh, and Vlad has a secret: His mother was human, but his father was a vampire. With no idea of the extent of his powers, Vlad struggles daily with his blood cravings and his enlarged fangs. When a substitute teacher begins to question him a little too closely, Vlad worries that his cover is about to be blown. But then he faces a much bigger problem: He’s being hunted by a vampire killer.

J.C's Opinion: I thought is was a great book it had some twists to it and kept me wondering. It didn't have that "Twilight" Romance. It also showed everyday life of an actual teenager like me.

Overall,  I would recommend it to readers ages 11-17.

I had to pull this opinion tooth and nail. As for the "everday life of an actual teenager", my son is not a vampire. But Vlad isn't your stereotypical vampire. He's actually awkward and bullied. I think that set it apart from the romantic lore, and made it more appealing to the everday kid.  

 I thought it was an intersting read. Short with a gross factor that appeals to my teenage reader.

4 comments:

  1. I've heard about this book a little and was wondering about it, so thanks for the review! By the way, I scrolled down to some of your older posts...LOVE the Memory Lane one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this book and the series!! Haven't read the final installment yet, but it's on my TBR pile :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jess, Thanks. And Yeah, Pretty in Pink, how cliche is that, but I loved it. LOL.

    Hi Amparo, I just started reading it. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! I love reading book reviews and I had wondered about this one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.