Saturday, December 18, 2010

A year in review

Looking back at the goals I set for myself, I am sort of pleased with the end results. Here they are for the world to see.

Writing Goals:

To complete three manuscripts. Results: I'm on my fourth. ☺

Submit work. Results: I've submitted queries of my first MS, and one of my third. ☺

Continue Learning how to write. Results: I learn something new every day, and I'm still learning. ☺

Go to a writers Conference.  Results: I haven't done this. No, wait, I participated in WriteOnCon!!! Technically, I didn't  "go" anywhere, but it was a conference. ☺

Schedule time to write. Results: I write whenever I can, regardless if it's on my agenda.  ☺

Blogging/Social Networking. Results: My blog turned one in September. I've maintained contact with various online groups.  ☺

Find a writer's group. I participated in a few this year and found an AWESOME group. I've also reached out to beta readers who have been AWESOME too. ☺



Spiritual Development Goal

Read motivational books. Results: I've read two this year. ☺

Meditate. Results: Haven't kept a regular schedule.  :-(


Health Goal

Lose weight, eat well, exercise, and follow a weekly menu.  Results: I grouped it together 'cause I haven't been following it.  :-(

This goes to show you I'm skewed. I have to balance myself more in my personal development, than professional development.  What about you, where do you find yourself skewed?

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you did pretty good reaching most of your goals. I'd pat myself on the back if I were you. As for me, I'd say my house has suffered the most. I used to be a better housekeeper. Now I'm a better writer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah...I left that one out completely. I think being a better writer is much more fun! The house...well, it will always be there. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goals are wonderful ways to map our future and become our very own cheerleader. I can't wait to see what next year brings you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you set goals at the beginning of the year and held yourself accountable. I think it's wonderful you've reached so many of them. The writing goals alone are staggering -- I mean, on your fourth manuscript. WOW! Keep up the terrific work. I'm proud of you. Be proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LM...Thanks! One step at a time will get me where I need to go.

    Thanks Buffy. It does help me stay on task posting my intent for all to see. It does hold me accountable. I still have to celebrate. ☺

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.