Saturday, November 6, 2010

Inspiring Change part one

Warning: mid-life crisis alert!   As the year comes to a close, it’s hard not to reflect on who I am, how I’ve changed, and the road yet before me. I’d like to share the tidbits I’ve learned along the way. This includes spirituality, the nature of chaos, overcoming challenges, and building relationships.


I’m going to begin with spirituality. Spirituality, for me, is that feeling we can’t quite name that usually begins in the pit of your gut and swells up through your heart, knots up in your throat and flows from your eyes in the form of tears. It begins with our feelings.

I went to a social service conference this weekend and the keynote speaker did an awesome job reminding us of the importance of our sense of self. He reminded us that connecting with our inner child brings us closer to our true selves. There is a saying in my culture that in order to reach heaven you have to be like a child. Whether you believe heaven is a physical place, or a state of mind, or both. For me, it is the self- actualization of the spirit.

Words of wisdom: When you are lost and confused, follow your gut.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.