Friday, June 11, 2010

Weekend Joy!

Not.

 
While everyone seems to look forward to the weekend and prepare for rest from work, I find that I have to search for new energies not expended during the regular work week. Those lazy days of summer are long gone. Those days of partying for fun, zap, annihilated.

Gone.

My weekend activities include:

 
  • Cleaning
  • Laundry
  • Shopping (household items, not the fun shopping.)
  • Visit grandparents
  • Attend birthday parties, graduation parties, and reunions
  • Catch up and enjoy time with the kids
  • Catch up with writing.
  • Hmm…I think I covered everything.

 I’ll tell ya, I can’t wait for Monday!

  
How do you manage your precious weekend?

 

4 comments:

  1. Well, if you read my blog you'd know that sometimes I just let everything go to hell for a while and write. Then everything I let go to hell comes back and I have to do something about it - like clean, or mow, or go to the grocery store. But I'm fortunate that I live alone and have no one but myself to answer to. I can let things go sometimes.

    Sometimes it's hard to find balance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Thanks mshatch. It helps to know I'm not alone. I too sometimes let my cleaning and laundry go to hell. It's always there so eventually it gets done. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer has made my schedule completely nutso. Is it bad to look forward to having school start up again?
    Feeling guilty here, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No guilt Lydia. I think we are allowed to look forward to some peace and quiet--outside of the bathroom. =-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.