Saturday, June 26, 2010

Coming back

This week I've received some life changing news.  Okay, I'm a bit melodramatic here.  It was life changing for me.  My day job will no longer exist. At least for me.  I will be part of the thousands trying to make sense of the economic crisis the U.S. faces. 

It has hit home.

Now if you are anything like me your crying your eyes out wondering what now. Looking at yourself twenty years from now with no direction, no future, no sensibility.  Yup, that's me.   But then there is light at the end of the tunnel that doesn't lead to the afterlife, but this life. 

This true life and now I have to find my true self. 

It's not a bad thing. Not at all.

Here are a few quick fixes to bring yourself back.

  • Dance.  Start them juices flowing and laugh. 
  • Stand in a steaming shower and let your muscles relax.
  • Sweep. Make it a mindless act. Just sweep. 
  • Fill your eyes with green.  Green is said to be the easiest color for the eye to see and brings a feeling of calm.
  • Breathe. Slowly.

Do you have any quick fixes to bringing yourself back to yourself?

7 comments:

  1. Hugs! That is definitely life changing news. I'm sorry to hear it.

    My fix is to reread a favorite book, one I've known and loved for years and can count on to make me happy for a few hours.

    Best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!I feel for you!My job cut most of my benefits but that's minor compared to yours. I sing. loud and out of tune or watch my favorite movies. Lots of hugs for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm gonna do that. Reread a favorite As well as sing at the top my lungs and have my own movie fest. That will work. Thanks for the hugs, i did need it. A good thing is I have more time to write!!!

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, I'm sure you've heard that uplifting cliche about lemons and lemonade, but, doesn't this mean you'll have more time to write? I know I'd be up the proverbial creek if I lost my job but I have to admit I sometimes wish I would so I could spend more time writing. Who knows? Maybe this will turn out to be the very best thing that could've happened.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really sorry. That is quite a blow. We've been through something similar when my husband's job kind of dissipated over time. He didn't exactly lose it, but he was given less and less hours to work.

    It's taken some time and he went through some soul searching, but he(we) have now come out on the other side now.

    I hope it does not take long for you to find your new path.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chocolate. And Baileys. Kisses from your loved ones. Cuddling with your pets. Writing a stupid, sentimental poem and ripping it up. Having a long hot bath. A nice long walk, preferably in the rain - but you can't be picky about that, can you?

    Anyway, those are my fixes. Chin up, Liz. You've got more time for your writing now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone! I just needed to process what to do with the rest of my life. LOL.

    It will be a challenge but one I think that's been long overdue. I always knew what i wanted to do with my life, now I gotta get to the doing part.

    I think I will take that walk in the rain. Chicago's been raining all week. Thanks again everyone.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.