Friday, March 5, 2010

Inspiring Others

While attending a funeral this past week, I couldn’t help but to think about the people I have influenced in my life. The funeral procession stretched over a mile long with at least fifty, if not a hundred cars winding their way through the streets past his home, and towards the cemetery. I was awestruck that this young man, at twenty-one, had touched so many people’s lives. I know for a fact that upon my death the procession will not be so long. But that’s okay. I realized that the important thing is that we touch someone’s life. It is the human connections, whether indirectly or directly, that will eventually shape who we are, and hopefully, influence and inspire others.

As writers, we not only seek self fulfillment but we also seek to share a little bit of ourselves, and the world we created, with others forming connections that we seldom realize. It is my hope to inspire those that read my work.

Whether it is family and friends known to us, and/or those unknown like online critique groups or blogs. That’s a connection that would not have been made otherwise. For that, I am grateful.

1 comment:

  1. that is a lovely and inspiring comment too from you. people events and experiences shapes us and our lives. thank you very much for sharing
    biola

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.