Monday, January 25, 2010

Living in the Moment

Living in the moment is not easy. With four kids, a husband, working outside and inside the home, living in the moment is quite a challenge.  Throw in hobbies and fun stuff and my writing and reading and it can seem overwhelming.  I can only thank my lucky stars that I can keep up.

In my quest for self fulfillment I cannot ignore the moment.  It is these small moments that make up who we are.  It is our choices in the moment that ultimately define our past, our future and our present.  In honest, I always believed that I needed a quiet place to be to live in the moment or to just be.  I love the lone drive to work. I love the night when everyone is in bed and silence reigns and I can finally think.  But what is there to think about in the silence?  It is not who I am.

I have realized that I have to learn to live in whatever moment the creator has bestowed upon me, whether in chaos or silence or somewhere in between.  It is who I am and I no longer have to search for the silence to be able to truly live in the moment.  Living in the moment means just that.  Every second of every minute of every hour of every day, just live for the now and enjoy all around you. It is the simplicity of living.  It's not easy but there is always hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.