Sunday, October 18, 2009

Reminder to myself

I remember, much like Elizabeth Gilbert in Eat, Pray, Love, turning to the bathroom for solace, for peace, for comfort. It was the only door that could be locked without anyone wondering why. It is comforting to know that I was not the only one who shed tears there. I only say this as a reminder to myself of the hardships I have faced, and the hardships still pending along the path of life.

I am currently standing on a steep hill in a vast prairie land filled with miles and miles of green pastures. I turn to look behind me and notice a tiny speck in the distance. This speck is what I know, my comfort zone. It is what I am familiar with and it draws me to it every day. This speck is certainty for I know where it will take me. I have been there.

I turn from it, giving it my back, and look to the green pastures ahead of me. I see nothing but the clear blue skies above the green blades of grass. There is nothing, yet. Although I have charted my course, I know not where it will lead me. I know not the possibilities ahead for me and it scares me. But this is a good thing for you must fear in order to gain courage; you must believe in order to hope.

And so if you are in a similar place know that you are not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.