Monday, October 26, 2009

A Life Plan

I think most of us realize the importance of good health, spirituality and development in our lives. While some are planners, others are doers, and wouldn’t it be perfect to be both. I have to admit I’m a planner. I’m sure I wrote somewhere in this blog that I love to research, to learn new things, to keep challenging myself and planning. I think I got that part down pact, but it’s the doing that tends to get me. And so I’ve decided to begin planning and doing before the year closes and springs open to 2010.

I have realized great accomplishments this year that began with realization and yes, planning. I have also realized failures, not a balance to my accomplishments but an awareness of myself.

I had set out in 2009 with very specific goals.  I was going to begin my writing career. I consumed myself with everything that reflected writing. I bought tons of “how to” books, I joined writing groups, I posted scenes, and I submitted queries to agents. I even developed a blog spot. That’s a big step for me, believe it or not. Why? Because it makes me accountable.

However, I had also made goals in different aspects of my life especially in health and spirituality. I managed to ignore these. I cannot be a complete person without focusing on all aspects of my life and so I’m regrouping, incorporating exercise, meditation and planning with doing. It is the only way we can live the life that we were meant to live.

And so, I’ve done, yes, research, and found benefits of excerise, of meditation, and if you haven’t done so already, in creating a professional development plan. I also found  seven steps to be happy! Hey, I think we can all use a lift of spirits. Good luck and stay focused!

"Happiness is like a butterfly: the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder."  Henry David Thoreau

1 comment:

  1. Hello, maybe if you take each day in small bites, the doing gets done! I found your piece interesting. I also wish to inform you that you could still link with our blog by clicking biola-ephesus-ephesus.blogspot.com The previous blog suddenly disappeared and I noticed you had been one of our esteemed follower. Would be happy to welcome you back.
    biola

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.